Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 83
This collection contains correspondence, study materials, journals, address books, programs, memorabilia, teaching material, military documents and photographs and negatives documenting his personal, academic and professional life between 1930 and 1988, one item per year from 1848, 1856, 1859, 1898, 1901 and 1903, and a record book of personal finances contains entries from 1989 in someone else's handwriting.
The first Director of The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art from 1933-1953, Paul Gardner studied at Harvard's Fogg Art Museum and George Washington University. Gardner also served in the U.S. Army Coast Artillery Corp during World War I and in the U.S. Army on the Arts and Monuments Commission in Italy and as Military Governor of the Italian island of Ischia, during World War II.
This collection consists of two passports dated 1900 and 1902 and a trip expense journal maintained from 1897-1904.
This collection consists of miscellaneous items belonging or related to Laura Nelson Kirkwood.
The Pearl Hobson Collection, dated 1924-1936, consists of photographs, postcards, diaries, newspaper clippings, a short story, and other miscellaneous material related primarily to her association with Native Americans.
The papers of Milton McGreevy are dated 1944 through 1977 and consist primarily of correspondence, invoices, photographs, telegrams, art appraisals, and auction catalog entries.
The Mary Louise (Clifton) Womer Papers contains correspondence, photographs, and a newspaper clipping related to her employment as the head of education at the Museum.
The Papers of Jeanne Harris, dated 1947 to 1987, consist primarily of maps, postcards, photographs, scholarly papers, a scrapbook, and other miscellaneous materials.
The Betty Jones Collection, dated 1972 to 2002, contains docent handbooks, lecture notes, tour scripts, and other materials that relate to Betty Jones’s twenty years as a Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art docent.
- Art dealers 2
- Art museums -- Missouri -- Kansas City 2
- Administrative Records 1
- Art museum directors 1
- Art museums 1
- Art, Chinese -- Song-Yuan dynasties, 960-1368 -- Exhibitions 1
- Correspondence 1
- Decorative arts, Baroque 1
- Painters -- United States -- Exhibitions 1
- Painting, Chinese -- Song-Yuan dynasties, 960-1368 -- Exhibitions 1
- Photographs 1
- Reports 1
- Women museum curators 1
- Women museum directors 1 + ∧ less
- French 3
- Chinese 2
- German 1
- Japanese 1
- William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and Mary Atkins Museum of Fine Arts 12
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art 10
- Sickman, L. C. S. (Laurence C. S.) 6
- Coe, Ralph T. 4
- William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and Mary Atkins Museum of Fine Arts. Office of the Director 4
- Wilson, Marc F. 4
- William Rockhill Nelson Trust 3
- Conrads, Margaret C., 1955- 2
- Ho, Wai-kam 2
- Nichols, Jesse Clyde 2
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- C.T. Loo, Inc. (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Carnegie Museum of Art 1
- Cleveland Museum of Art 1
- Cooper, Lindsay Hughes 1
- Gardner, Paul, 1895- 1
- Handforth, Thomas, 1897-1948 1
- Hansen, Al, 1927-1995 1
- Harris, Jeanne Adelaide 1
- Hayward Gallery 1
- Johnson, Kathryn C. 1
- Jones, Howard, 1922- 1
- Landsman, Stanley, 1930-1984 1
- Lee, Sherman E. 1
- Lu, Qinzhai, 1880-1957 1
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Museo degli strumenti musicali di Roma 1
- Museum der Bildenden Künste (Leipzig, Germany) 1
- Musée du Louvre 1
- Ross, Charles, 1937- 1
- Seawright, James 1
- Shapiro, Michael E. 1
- St. Louis Art Museum 1
- Toledo Museum of Art 1
- Walker, Stefanie 1
- Whitman, Robert, 1935- 1
- Wyeth, Andrew, 1917-2009 1 + ∧ less